Successfully Submitting a Prescription to OptumRx
This guide assists providers in submitting an electronic prescription to OptumRx
A guide to ePrescribing for health care providers
Steps to complete before submitting a prescription to minimize delays and additional outreach:
- Verify with your patient OptumRx is his/her home delivery pharmacy.
- Verify the medication is covered by your patient's health care plan.
- Verify prescription medication name, formulation, frequency, strength, directions, quantity, and refills are complete.
- If using ePrescribe, ensure you select the Overland Park Optum Rx address.
- Ensure the brand and quantity of diabetic supplies are consistent and matches the number of requested days.
- Verify inclusion of collaborating/supervising physician information as required by your state for midlevel practitioners.
- If prescribing for exceeding max dose or atypical dose, include a comment on the script to acknowledge you are aware of the high dose or to alert us of the change being made.
- If you prescribe controlled substances, ensure your practice’s EMR software is certified and approved for EPCS.