Real time. Patient-specific. Point of care.
With PreCheck MyScript®, you can ﬁnd out real-time information about available drug options, compare the exact out-of pocket costs of each drug based on the patient’s beneﬁt plan and receive alerts when a pre-authorization is needed. The best part? This all happens while the patient is still in the exam room. This gives you a chance to discuss all medication alternatives with the patient face-to-face before your patient has left to head to the pharmacy. It saves time for you, reduces administrative costs and can help save your patients money — a move that can increase medication adherence
How does it work?
PreCheck MyScript is embedded directly into your existing workﬂow. When you ePrescribe a new medication, PreCheck MyScript will automatically run a trial claim so you can:
• Check current prescription coverage and price based on your patient’s beneﬁts plan
• View therapeutically equivalent alternatives and pricing, displayed in less than 2 seconds
• See which prescriptions require Prior Authorization
• Request PA and receive results in seconds
EMRs currently using the PCMS tool
Listed below are just a few of the many EMRs that integrate seamlessly into PCMS.
Additional integrations are ongoing:
- Allscripts- prescription price transparency
- AthenaHealth®- Real-Time Benefit Check
- Dosespot Parent
- DrFirst®- myBenefitCheck℠
- Greenway Health
- MDToolbox Parent
- Modernizing Medicine
- NewCropRx - NewCrop-RTBI
- Nextgen Parent
- Practice Fusion
- Veradigm - Veradigm TruePriceRx
*Access is dependent on the health system
on average, increase in
per PA request (1)
on average, additional
administrative time to
appeal a denied PA (1)
$41.05 per prescription
Average cost per
Written claim requiring
a PA (1)
Nearly 20% increase
in patient prescription pickup
when paired with an
effective RTBC solution (2)
1. Optum Rx white paper “Improving the prescribing process: PreCheck MyScript,” 2019.
2. Carson, Audrey. “In-Workflow Technology and Patient Engagement Solutions Are Helping Improve Outcomes.” CoverMyMeds, The Leader In Electronic Prior Authorization,
14 Oct. 2019.